Paul Warne provides positive news on a transfer bid and talks more on his midfielder pursuit

Rotherham boss Paul Warne has revealed he has been given the go-ahead to up the bid on an unnamed transfer target.

The Millers are still trying to strengthen their squad ahead of the big kick-off with Warne in the market for two central midfielders and a striker.

He has had several bids in for players over the course of the summer – including Tom Bradshaw, Kayden Jackson and Richie Towell – the but only arrivals so far have been free transfers or loans.

 

But Warne has been given permission from chairman Tony Stewart to go back in with a higher bid for a target.

Warne said on Football Heaven’s managers’ special: “I am trying to get a signing in and I went and spoke to the chairman because we have upped the bid on a player.

“I explained to him why I wanted to up the bid and on the back of that he said, ‘Lets go for it’.”

Warne also gave another update on his pursuit of a midfielder, who he is confident he can get through the door before the Brentford game on Saturday.

“I have got two central midfielders in the building so I am desperate to get another in before the weekend, maybe two,” he added.

“You always think you are really close to it, but until it happens…I am really confident of getting one in before the weekend.”

Comments

comments

.entry-meta-comments { display: none; }